Search This Blog

Sunday, December 2, 2007

I Saw a Peacock with a Fiery Tail (Anonymous)

I saw a peacock with a fiery tail
I saw a blazing comet drop down hail
I saw a cloud with ivy circled round
I saw a sturdy oak creep on the ground
I saw a pismire swallow up the whale
I saw a raging sea brim full of ale
I saw a Venice glass sixteen foot deep
I saw a well full of men’s tears that weep
I saw their eyes all in a flame of fire
I saw a house as big as the moon and higher
I saw the sun even in the midst of night
I saw the man that saw this wondrous sight.


Anonymous

1 comment:

Tess said...

This poem has a trick to it. I'm not really a "trick poem" kind of girl, usually, but this has a certain haunting quality as well. View the lines as "wrap-around" and you'll find a slightly less nonsensical meaning.